Help needed in designing a wooden 7 meter boat

:slight_smile: oh ok !!! thx

Any chance of exporting this design to free ship ?? i made some trials that i will post tomorrow… not very good though !

[LEFT]Hi
I’ve just finished the attached ,Please find it

Waiting for comments & feedback

Abohamza
[/left]

Thx a lot mate, however i am unable to open the file… what program should i use ? I have freeship and delft …

It’s A.CAD my dear

ahhhhh … i have never used that before lol … anything i can view it on ? as i dont have the application :S

[LEFT]Asslamoalekom

Find the attahed pdf

Abohamza

[/left]

Dear sir … many thanks !! and god bless !!!great work and thanks a lot for the effort !!
Couple of points, the boat has a straight back not angled. Also is it possible to export it to freeship so i can hull statics for it !

Again many many thanks your a star my good man ! God bless and Gazaak Allah Kol Kheir !!!

The format is DXF.

I was able to open DWG on on Adobe illustrator but it lost some of its content!

The straight Transom enable the boat to easily use the Overboard Engines

Abohamza

Sorry my friend i dont understand…
Do you mean the straight back is better ?

The Transom (Straight) Astern is better in case of using Out Board Engine ,but in case of using In Board Engine you may design the boat with Transom (Straight) or Cruser (Curved) Astern.

Abohamza

That makes perfect sense! yes i am using an outboard. Although i am still trying to calculate the weight of the boat i was aiming for 30 HP or a 40 HP engine as speed is not a factor.

Just a quick update!!!

I have started the construction of the boat using Mulberry wood for frames and white wood for planks. The boat will be fiber over wood construction.

If interested i can post the pics of the construction stage.

I took a step forward but i am still struggling to get the design onto freeship to get some statistics out of the hull design. . .

I am also reading to see if it is possible to paint fiber over Mulberry wood instead of white wood (the yard uses polyster not epoxy).

Well Done

Of course I am interested in sending me the pics

Good Luck