[CENTER]Nokia Codes Tips and Tricks
To check the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) Type-
Information you get from the IMEI-
XXXXXX XX XXXXXX X
TAC FAC SNR SP
Information you get from the Software revision-
To check weather your SIM Card supports clock stopping type-
Revealing the Headphone and Car-Kit menus
Please note that if you do these next tricks, the new menus can’t be erased without retoring the factory default settings. To do these tricks you need to short-circuit the pins on the bottom of the phone next to where you plug in you charger.
1. To activate the “Headset” menu, you need to short-circuit pins “3” and “4”. After a short time the word “Headset” will be shown in the display. Menu 3-6 is now enabled.
2. To activate the “Car” menu, you need to short-circuit pins “4” and “5”. After a short time the word “Car” will be shown in the display. Menu 3-7 is now enabled.
THE REBOOT TRICK
This should work on all software versions of the 6110.
1. Go to the Calendar (Menu-8)
2. Make a note or reminder.
3. Enter some text into the edit box.
4. Hold “Clear” until the whole text is cleared, then press “Back”.
5. Press “0”. The main screen will now be showing but a space appears on the screen. (you can’t see it)
6. Enter 4 digits (e.g. 1234).
7. Use the down arrow to move the cursor to the left side of the numbers and the space (Down arrow twice).
8. Now enter 6 digits and press the call button.
Wait for a few seconds, the screen should start to flash and reboots. It should alsowork on other menus like the “Profiles” menu.
EFR CALL QUALITY
To activate EFR (Enhanced Full Rate) Enter the code-
This improves call quality but decreases batterylife by about 5%
To deactivate it, Enter the code-
THE JAMES BOND TRICK
If you short-circuit theleft middle and right pins on the bottom of the phone with all connections touching each other, the Nokia software hangs! The profile “Headset” will be activated. Before you do this just activate the “Automatic Answer” in the headset profile and set the ringing volume to “Mute”. Now you can use your phone for checking out what people are talking about in a room. Just place it under a table in a room and call it. The phone receives the call without ringing and you can listen to what people are saying.
There is a hidden menu inside your Nokia phone. If you want to activate it, you’ll have to re-program some chips inside of your phone.[/center]
Note - If you bought your Nokia on UK Vodafone or UK Cellnet you do not need to check this because they both transmit on GSM900, and they don’t lock the phones. However if you bought your phone on UK Orange or UK One2one your phone may be blocked. The reason is that they both transmitt on GSM1800. To make a call on GSM1800 you need what is known as a “Dual band” phone. A dual band phone is able to transmit on both GSM900 and GSM1800, so they lock the phones so you can’t use it with any other network simcard. If you find that your phone is locked you can try different software to unlock it. (we havn’t found one that works yet), or you can ask your service provider who will gladly exchange the 10 digit code for about £35.
This is how to check the status of the 4 different locks. Aslo don’t try entering the wrong number, because after 3 times it will block the phone for good.
There are 4 different locks on your Nokia phone.[/center]
“Y” Shows the status of the network-lock. Here you can enter a number from “1” to “4”. The “4” is for the sim-card lock.